Sandbagged!

Sandbagged!
Photograph by Steve Barnett

Sunday 21 April 2013

A View From The Other Side...

...Of The River!

Wandered down to Duck Holds Wood on the Derbyshire Wye yesterday with you know who for company.  Only two exposures made this time and once again he matched them each time with a flotsam tennis ball.  We stayed on the right bank, taking advantage of the easy access due to low growth of vegetation so early in the season.  It was facinating to see the river from the usually unfished side and I found this scene. 


Usually I am sitting a few yards below the apex of that bend, side casting up to fish rising in the run coming down from the spot round the bend that, because you can pick and choose your fish there, I liken to an angler's version of Selfridge's Window...




Regular Rod

2 comments:

  1. Ive probably only seen that view myself a handful of times and I didnt recognise it. I do hope the ash dieback is not as severe as people think. Scrub his ears for me. I do love that dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is thanks for helping remember why I used to like black and white photography so much and now do again.

    ReplyDelete